An international journal ‘Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica’ covers new developments in the broad areas of geomechanics as well as structural mechanics. The journal welcomes contributions dealing with original theoretical, numerical as well as experimental work. The following topics are of special interest:
- Constitutive relations for geomaterials (soils, rocks, concrete, etc.)
- Modeling of mechanical behaviour of heterogeneous materials at different scales
- Analysis of coupled thermo-hydro-chemo-mechanical problems
- Modeling of instabilities and localized deformation
- Experimental investigations of material properties at different scales
- Numerical algorithms: formulation and performance
- Application of numerical techniques to analysis of problems involving foundations, underground structures, slopes and embankment
- Risk and reliability analysis
- Analysis of concrete and masonry structures
- Modeling of case histories
ArchivingSciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
Plagiarism PolicyThe editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
The journal Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica, in years 2017-2018, received funding for the following tasks:
- Increase of foreign reviewers participation in the evaluation of the published content of Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica journal - financed under the agreement no. 602/P-DUN/2017 from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education funds for the Activity for Popularising Science.
- Raising the quality of the published content in Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica journal - financed under the agreement no. 602/P-DUN/2017 from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education funds for the Activity for Popularising Science.
ADRIAN RÓŻAŃSKI, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
MAREK CAŁA, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
DARIUSZ ŁYDŻBA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
WOJCIECH PUŁA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
GIOVANNA VESSIA, Universitá degli studi "G.d’Annunzio" di Chieti-Pescara, Italy
PHILIPPE COSENZA, Université de Poitiers, France
IGOR SEVOSTIANOV, New Mexico State University, USA
RYSZARD J. IZBICKI, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
ZENON MRÓZ - Chairman, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
ANDRZEJ BATOG, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
FRANCESCO CAFARO, Politecnico di Bari, Bari, Italy
FRANCESCA CASINI, Università di Roma Tor Vergata, Roma, Italy
EUGENIUSZ DEMBICKI, Technical University of Gdańsk, Poland
ANDRZEJ DRESCHER, University of Minnesota, USA
ALBERT GIRAUD, Université de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre-les-Nancy, France
GERD GUDEHUS, Universität Fridericiana, Germany
JERZY HOŁA, Wrocław University of Technology, Poland
TOMASZ HUECKEL, Duke University, USA
PIOTR KONDERLA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
DJIMÉDO KONDO, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
ZBIGNIEW LECHOWICZ, Warsaw University of Life Sciences - SGGW, Poland
MAREK LEFIK, Lodz University of Technology, Poland
RADOSŁAW MICHAŁOWSKI, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
ZBIGNIEW MŁYNAREK, Poznań University of Life Sciences, Poland
TREVOR ORR, Department of Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering, Ireland
MARTIN OSTOJA-STARZEWSKI, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
ALESSANDRO PAGLIAROLI, University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy
STANISŁAW PIETRUSZCZAK, McMaster University, Canada
THOMAS ROUGELOT, Laboratory of multiscale and multiphysics mechanics (LaMcube), Villeneuve d'Ascq, France
JIAN-FU SHAO, University of Lille, Villeneuve d’Ascq, France
ANDRZEJ TRUTY, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
ZHANG WENGANG, Chongqing University, China
AGNIESZKA STOPKOWICZ, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
JOANNA PIECZYŃSKA-KOZŁOWSKA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
MARCIN CHWAŁA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology
MAREK KAWA, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
ul. Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica is covered by the following services:
- Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- Current Geographical Publications
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit your manuscripts to Studia Geotechnica et Mechanica via Editorial Manager:
- Only original papers will be accepted and copyright in published papers will be vested in the publisher.
- The language of the journal is English.
- Manuscripts should be typed double spaced with wide margins on the left side of the sheet. The text should be in simple-column format. Please, keep the layout of the text as simple as possible.
- A title page is to be provided and should include the title of the paper, name(s) and affiliation(s) (including e-mail address(es)) of author(s) as well as abstract. The title should be brief and informative. The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the work, the major results and conclusions. The abstract should not exceed 250 words. Correspondence will be sent to the first-named author, unless otherwise specified.
- References to published literature should be prepared in APA style. Detailed description of APA referncing style can be dowloaded from the journal site menu.
- Tables should be titled and numbered consecutively. All table columns should have an explanatory heading. Tables should not repeat the data, which are available elsewhere in the paper, e.g. in a diagram.
- Equations that have to be displayed separately from the text should be numbered consecutively with Arabic numerals in parentheses placed flush right, and should be thus referred to in the text [such as Eq. (1) or (1)].
- Figures should be embedded in the text, numbered consecutively and titled.
- Authors are encouraged to use the SI-system of units.
- Together with the manuscript, authors are required to submit scanned copy of signed original of »Open Access License« which can be dowloaded from the journal site menu.
- The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Open Access License
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons BY 4.0 license. Authors who publish with this journal retain all copyrights and agree to the terms of the above-mentioned CC BY 4.0 license.