Gender Studies (GS) is a journal addressing academics and a general readership at the same time. Its main goals are to explore literature, language, culture and society from the perspective of gender practices and relations, and also to highlight attempts of educationalists and gender studies experts in various parts of the world to institutionalize Gender Studies in the academe.
The GS journal welcomes original research employing primarily qualitative methods of analysis in the following areas: literature, linguistics, discourse studies, media and film studies, popular culture, cultural studies, history and education for the field of humanities.
Why subscribe and read
- The GS journal publishes high-quality peer-reviewed articles from various humanities and social sciences areas (as listed above).
- The GS journal is interdisciplinary, gender proving an excellent analytical category that enables new perspectives at the intersection of a range disciplines.
- The GS publishes state-of-the-art research.
- The journal has international circulation.
- The contributors include scholars from many countries all over the world.
- The contributors can count on constructive peer-review by experts.
- The GS is highly assessed by the Romanian Ministry of Education and has a good reputation among scholars and students alike.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Honorary Editor-in-Chief and Founder
Reghina Dascăl, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Irina Diana Mădroane, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Andreea Şerban, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Valentina Mureșan, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Adrian Cîntar, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Dana Crăciun, West University of Timișoara, Romania
Editorial Advisory Board
Haleh Afshar - University of York, UK
Camelia Beciu - University of Bucharest, Romania
Dana S. Belu - California State University Dominguez Hills, USA
Pia Brînzeu - West University of Timișoara, Romania
Reghina Dascăl - West University of Timișoara, Romania
Otilia Hedeşan - West University of Timișoara, Romania
Margaret R. Higonnet - University of Connecticut, USA
Vesela Katsarova - University of Sofia, Bulgaria
Hildegard Klein - University of Málaga, Spain
Krystyna Kujawinska - Courtney - University of Łódź, Poland
Isabel Marcus - State University of New York, Buffalo, USA
Michaela Mudure, Babeș-Bolyai University, Romania
Dana Percec - West University of Timișoara, Romania
Hortensia Pîrlog - West University of Timișoara, Romania
Nóra Séllei - University of Debrecen, Hungary
Language Editor (2002-2021)
Stuart Elford, West University of Timișoara, Romania
EUVT, Editura Universității de Vest Timișoara,
4, V. Parvan Blvd 300223 Timișoara,
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Gender Studies is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CEEOL - Central and Eastern European Online Library
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Educational Research Abstracts Online
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- MLA International Bibliography
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit your manuscripts to Gender Studies via email to:
Article Processing Charge (APC)
To publish in Gender Studies, authors are not required to pay an Article Processing Charge.
It is currently displayed by Sciendo on the journal's website, under the doi for each article; it will be inserted on the first page of the article pdfs starting with the 2022 issue.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.