The International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science is a quarterly published in Poland since 1991 by the University of Zielona Góra in partnership with De Gruyter Poland (Sciendo) and historically with Lubuskie Scientific Society, under the auspices of the Committee on Automatic Control and Robotics of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
The journal strives to meet the demand for the presentation of interdisciplinary research in various fields related to control theory, applied mathematics, scientific computing and computer science. In particular, it publishes high quality original research results in the following areas:
- modern control theory and practice,
- artificial intelligence methods and their applications,
- applied mathematics and mathematical optimisation techniques,
- mathematical methods in engineering, computer science, and biology.
We are primarily interested in presenting theoretical and application-orientated full-length research papers dealing with the following topics:
- control theory, including optimal control, system identification, adaptive and robust control, multivariable control, and non-linear systems,
- dynamical systems, including spatiotemporal processes, control problems, state and parameter estimation, and sensor networks,
- fault detection and diagnosis, including model-based approaches, observers, and classifiers,
- fault-tolerant control, including the control of continuous-variable and quantised systems,
- robotics, including modelling and simulation, mobile robots, and optimal trajectory planning,
- mathematical modelling and simulation, including numerical algorithms,
- optimisation, including mathematical optimisation techniques, global optimisation, and evolutionary algorithms,
- artificial intelligence, including machine and deep learning, neural networks, knowledge engineering, fuzzy systems, and search methods,
- data mining, data and image processing, and big data,
- classification and pattern recognition,
- biomedical engineering and biomathematics,
- applications in engineering and medicine.
The editors welcome proposals for exchange between similar journals. Also, all persons interested in bringing out special issues or sections of AMCS are encouraged to contact the Editor-in-Chief. Specials may be published on any important and timely subject within the scope of the journal. All papers proposed for special issues or sections will be refereed and have to meet the same criteria for scientific quality as articles presented in regular issues. Also, all journal rules and guidelines refer to papers published in specials without any exceptions.
ISSN: 1641-876X (print version), 2083-8492 (online version)
Why subscribe and read
- Premier source of high quality research from all over the world, with special emphasis on papers from Central and Eastern Europe,
- over twenty years of experience in publishing original articles dealing with various aspects of applying mathematical methods to computer science and engineering,
- extensive scope covering, among other things, control systems, optimization, robotics, mathematical and numerical modeling, artificial intelligence, knowledge processing, fault detection and diagnostics,
- one of the fastest growing journals published in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Fast, fair, competent and comprehensive peer review (two or three referees are designated for the assessment of each manuscript),
- fast and efficient publication process,
- thorough language correction for authors who are not native English speakers,
- polishing the structure and technical format of each submission,
- promotion of published papers in the vast scientific community of researchers working in the field.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.