- Journal Details
- Journal Metrics
The Irish Journal of Management (IJM) aims to publish well-written and well researched articles that will contribute to the understanding of management-related issues in both Irish and international contexts. The journal welcomes contributions from a wide range of management viewpoints, including inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary perspectives as well as traditional disciplines and functions. The journal seeks the following types of submissions:
- Research Papers: Publishing quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods empirical research, literature reviews (traditional/narrative, systematic, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis), and conceptual papers. Page count should be less than 40 pages, double spaced, including references, tables, figures and appendices.
- Teaching Submissions: These may include case study contributions, critiques and retrospective contributions on pedagogical issues related to teaching issues across management discipline areas. Teaching submissions should be between 30-40 pages, double spaced (including references and appendices) and provide a unique pedagogical or practical contribution, supported by state-of-the-art literature in the field.
- Book Reviews: word count (1,000 – 2,000 words).
- Special Issue Journal Submissions: The editors of the journal seek submissions for special issue themes that are in keeping with the overall focus of the journal and draw attention to important topics. Special issue proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of September annually. Any submissions received after that deadline will be reviewed at the next date. Special issue proposals should include a detailed call for papers, listing potential themes for authors to consider, CVs of special issue editor(s) and a strategy to attract papers to your special issue.
The IJM is a peer-reviewed journal, with a "double-blind" review process involving at least two reviewers. The journal publishes two issues each year, in addition to occasional special issues
The journal offers Gold Open Access, free readership rights immediately upon publication, and follows CC BY NC ND (authors do not possess commercial rights). The author may post the final version of their paper to any repository or website. The article’s full text, metadata, supporting data and citations is machine readable, accessible via API and full text XML.
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Journal Subjects include:
- Accounting, Finance and Corporate Governance
- CSR, Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Education, Teaching and Learning
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Healthcare and Public Sector Management
- Leadership & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing and Services Management
- Strategy and International Business
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Work, Employment and Organisation
- Academics, researchers, practitioners, and policy makers
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Editorial Board Members
Prof. Lisa Anderson, University of Liverpool, UK
Prof. Malcolm Beynon, Cardiff University, UK
Prof. Naomi Birdthistle, Griffith University, Australia
Prof. Niamh Brennan, University College Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Sinem Bulkan, University of Reading, UK
Prof. John Burgess, RMIT University, Australia
Prof. Chris Callaghan, University of Withwatersrand, South Africa
Dr. John Cassidy, University College Dublin, Ireland
Prof. Jeanette Cleveland, Colorado State University, USA
Prof. David Collings, Dublin City University, Ireland
Dr. Gordon Cooke, Memorial University, Canada
Prof. Joseph Coughlan, Maynooth University, Ireland
Prof. Christine Cross, University of Limerick, Ireland
Prof. James Cunningham, Newcastle University, UK
Prof. Jimmy Donaghey, Monash University, Australia
Prof. Tony Dundon, University of Limerick, Ireland
Prof. Anthony McDonnell, University College Cork, Ireland
Dr. Na Fu, Trinty College Dublin, Ireland
Dr. Anne Clare Gillon, University of the West of Scotland, UK
Dr. Michelle Hammond, Oakland University, USA
Prof. Brian Harney, Dublin City University, Ireland
Prof. Denis Harrington, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
Prof. Graham Heaslip, Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Ireland
Dr. Margaret Heffernan, Dublin City University, Ireland
Prof. Malcolm Higgs, University of Southampton, UK
Dr. Rachel Hilliard, NUI Galway, Ireland
Prof. Thomas Lawton, University College Cork, Ireland
Prof. Margaret Linehan, Cork Institute of Technology
Prof. Alma McCarthy, NUI Galway, Ireland
Prof. Aoife McDermott, Cardiff University, UK
Dr. Joe MacDonagh, Technological University Dublin, Ireland
Prof. Peter McNamara, Maynooth University, Ireland
Dr. Colm O'Kane, University of Otago, New Zealand
Prof. Lisa O'Malley, University of Limerick, Ireland
Dr. Chris O'Riordan, Waterford Institute of Technology, Ireland
Prof. Tazeeb Rajwani, University of Surrey, UK
Prof. William K. Roche, University College Dublin, Ireland
Prof. Gerard Ryan, Universitat Rovira I Virgili, Spain
Dr. Simon Stephens, Letterkenny Institute of Technology, Ireland
Prof. Jim Stewart, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Prof. Geoffrey Wood, University of Essex, UK
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
The Irish Journal of Management is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Whitelist
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
All manuscripts should be submitted to the journal via Editorial Manager.
Authors are strongly advised to consult one or more recent issues of IJM before submitting manuscripts for publication – please see submission guidelines for full details.
To ensure anonymous review, authors should not identify themselves in the text but should include a separate sheet with a short biography of 50-75 words.
Manuscripts submitted should not have been previously published or under concurrent consideration at another journal.
If you have a query on the suitability of a paper for the Irish Journal of Management, please contact the Editors: Dr Marian Crowley-Henry or Dr Kristel Miller at email@example.com.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.