The Irish Journal of Management (IJM) aims to publish well-written and well researched articles that will contribute to the understanding of management-related issues in both Irish and international contexts. The journal welcomes contributions from a wide range of management viewpoints, including inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary perspectives as well as traditional disciplines and functions. The journal seeks the following types of submissions:
- Research Papers: Publishing quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods empirical research, literature reviews (traditional/narrative, systematic, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis), and conceptual papers. Page count should be less than 40 pages, double spaced, including references, tables, figures and appendices.
- Teaching Submissions: These may include case study contributions, critiques and retrospective contributions on pedagogical issues related to teaching issues across management discipline areas. Teaching submissions should be between 30-40 pages, double spaced (including references and appendices) and provide a unique pedagogical or practical contribution, supported by state-of-the-art literature in the field.
- Book Reviews: word count (1,000 – 2,000 words).
- Special Issue Journal Submissions: The editors of the journal seek submissions for special issue themes that are in keeping with the overall focus of the journal and draw attention to important topics. Special issue proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th of September annually. Any submissions received after that deadline will be reviewed at the next date. Special issue proposals should include a detailed call for papers, listing potential themes for authors to consider, CVs of special issue editor(s) and a strategy to attract papers to your special issue.
The IJM is a peer-reviewed journal, with a "double-blind" review process involving at least two reviewers. The journal publishes two issues each year, in addition to occasional special issues
The journal offers Gold Open Access, free readership rights immediately upon publication, and follows CC BY NC ND (authors do not possess commercial rights). The author may post the final version of their paper to any repository or website. The article’s full text, metadata, supporting data and citations is machine readable, accessible via API and full text XML.
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Journal Subjects include:
- Accounting, Finance and Corporate Governance
- CSR, Business Ethics and Sustainability
- Education, Teaching and Learning
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- Healthcare and Public Sector Management
- Leadership & Organisational Behaviour
- Marketing and Services Management
- Strategy and International Business
- Technology and Innovation Management
- Work, Employment and Organisation
- Academics, researchers, practitioners, and policy makers
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.