- Dettagli della rivista
- Metriche della rivista
- Impact Factor
- Five Year Impact Factor
- Cite Score
Silvae Genetica is an international peer-reviewed journal with more than 70 years of tradition and experience in all fields of theoretical and applied forest genetics and tree breeding. It was founded by W. Langner in 1951 as "Zeitschrift für Forstgenetik und Forstpflanzenzüchtung" (Journal of Forest Genetics and Forest Tree Breeding). In a continuation of Langner’s original intention, the journal strives to make important and lasting contributions to the advancement of forest genetics and tree breeding. Topics for theoretical and applied scientific contributions include:
- Population and evolutionary genetics
- Conservation genetics
- Ecological and population genomics
- Tree breeding
- Provenance research and quantitative forest genetics
- Genetic interactions between trees and their pests and diseases
- Tree biotechnology
- Tree molecular genetics
- Tree genome assembly and bioinformatics
- Functional genomics
We encourage scientists to publish results on time, a series of genetic field trials, intensive genetic screening, genetic monitoring and genetic inventories. We further specifically welcome submissions of genomic studies including novel analyses of published data. Finally, we are highly interested in receiving manuscripts linking genotypes with phenotypes or the environment contributing to the potential use of genetic data for a better understanding and protection of forest ecosystems and for more efficient tree breeding.
We accept approximately 2/3 of all articles submitted.
Why to submit to Silvae Genetica?
- No costs
- Open access
- Long tradition in publishing studies on forest genetics and tree breeding
- Fair and rigorous peer-review process
- High visibility
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Bernd Degen, Thünen Institute of Forest Genetics, Germany
Deputy/ Managing Editor
Matthias Fladung, Thünen Institute of Forest Genetics, Germany
Niels Müller, Thünen Institute of Forest Genetics, Germany
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Silvae Genetica is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Journalytics
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- Ei Compendex
- Elsevier - Reaxys
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Biological Abstracts
- Web of Science - BIOSIS Previews
- Web of Science - Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology, and Environmental Sciences
- Web of Science - Essential Science Indicators
- Web of Science - Science Citation Index Expanded
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.
Article Processing Changes
There are no Article Processing Charges or any other publication charges.