Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences is a peer-reviewed journal in English publishing papers that describe the results of original theoretical or experimental research of importance and interest to diverse groups of researchers, as well as reviews and short communications. The journal also publishes information on events pertaining to science life.
Coverage includes: biological sciences, medical sciences, environmental sciences, geography, geology, forestry, agriculture, mathematics.
Papers are published in the following series:
1) Biological and Biomedical Sciences,
2) Environmental Sciences, Geography, and Geology, and
3) Mathematics and Physics.
Frequency of each series in the course of the year depends on the number of submitted papers and their subject matters. Page numbering will be consecutive throughout the year.
Why subscribe and read
To get informed on the latest research results in Latvia, and also other countries, especially by partners of Latvian scientists; fair and constructive peer review.
- Fair and constructive peer review,
- Fast publication of papers including free open-access online publication,
- Editorial and language-correction services for authors from non-English speaking regions,
- Existing or planned collaboration with Latvian scientists.
- About 20%
Submission charge is not applicable. To cover publishing costs, article processing charge 270 euros is requested upon article acceptance.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Isaak Rashal (Īzaks Rašals), University of Latvia, Latvia
Antra Legzdiņa, Latvia
Elmārs Blūms, University of Latvia, Latvia
Roland von Bothmer, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden
Guntis Brūmelis, University of Latvia, Latvia
Jurijs Dehtjars, Rīga Technical University, Latvia
Nikolay P. Goncharov, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Aldis Kārkliņš, Latvia University of Agriculture, Latvia
Alexander V. Kilchevsky, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Belarus
Māris Kļaviņš, University of Latvia, Latvia
Vija Kluša, University of Latvia, Latvia
Victor A. Kunakh, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Ukraine
Renāte Ligere, University of Latvia, Latvia
Svetlana A. Limborska, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
Modra Murovska, Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
Ingrīda Rumba-Rozenfelde, University of Latvia, Latvia
Rajbir Sangwan, University of Picardie Jules Verne, France
Raimonds Valters, Latvian Academy of Sciences, Latvia
Guntis Brūmelis, University of Latvia, Latvia
Elmārs Lange, Latvia
Editorial office (head Antra Legzdiņa)
Akadēmijas laukums 1
Tel.: +371 28814129
Editorial board (head Isaak Rashal)
Institute of Biology, University of Latvia
Miera Str. 3, Salaspils, LV-2169
Tel.: +371 29516935
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B. Natural, Exact, and Applied Sciences. is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- Polymer Library
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Referativnyi Zhurnal (VINITI)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Biological Abstracts
- Web of Science - BIOSIS Previews
- Web of Science - Zoological Record
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit your manuscripts to Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B. Natural, Exact, and Applied Sciences via email to:
Authors receive blind reviews to make improvements in the submitted manuscript. In complicated cases new version of the manuscript is sent to reviewers to accept changes. Final decision about publication is taken by the Editor in Chief based on reviewer’s opinion and after consultations with Editorial Board members.
Open Access Statement
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 4.0.