ISSN - 1734-1663
eISSN - 2353-5733
Musicology Today is a double-blind peer reviewed journal published since 2004 by the Institute of Musicology, University of Warsaw and the Union of Polish Composers, Poland.
The main objective of Musicology Today is to provide an intellectual platform for international scholars and to promote interdisciplinary studies in musicology. We publish articles in the fields of historical musicology, ethnomusicology, music theory, and other sub-disciplines of musicology. The journal is a forum for research in all areas of music scholarship, seeking to reflect the breadth and diversity of approaches and topics. Musicology Today distinctly promotes studies on Central and Eastern European music and aims to become a leading musicological journal in this part of the world. Special issues devoted to important topics within Central and Eastern European musicology are occasionally published.
Why read Musicology Today?
- Musicology Today is a valuable source of information from different branches of musicology providing a wide array of high-quality original articles;
- The journal is a platform for exchanging ideas among international scholars with a particular focus on musical culture in Central and Eastern Europe;
- The articles cover a wide spectrum of scholarly activity, including works of young scholars;
- The articles are published after a double-blind peer review provided by international experts on the subject and the Scientific Committee;
- Musicology Today strives for high-resolution publishing quality.
Why submit your research to Musicology Today?
- Musicology Today invites scholars to submit articles in all branches of musicology, including historical musicology, ethnomusicology, and music theory. We especially encourage submissions from scholars of Central and Eastern Europe;
- The articles are published after double-blind peer review provided by subject experts;
- The articles of both Polish and foreign authors are always up-to-date, original, have never been printed before in other academic publications, and reflect high academic standards;
- Online indexing guarantees the worldwide distribution and promotion of the authors’ academic achievements;
- Free language assistance is provided for authors from non-English speaking countries;
- The editors provide a fast route through the publication process and full access to DeGruyter e-technology.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Prof. Sławomira Żerańska-Kominek, University of Warsaw, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board/ Scientific Committee
Prof. Zdravko Blazeković, University of New York, USA
Prof. J. Katarzyna Dadak-Kozicka, F. Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, Poland
Prof. Giovanni Giuriati: Sapienza, Università di Roma, Italy
Prof. Zofia Helman, University of Warsaw, Poland
Prof. Alicja Jarzębska, Jagiellonian University, Poland
Dr Joseph Jordania, Honorary Fellow Melbourne Conservatorium of Music University of Melbourne, Australia
Prof. Dan Lundberg, Svenskt visarkivs/The Centre for Swedish Folk Music and Jazz Research
Prof. Ulrich Morgenstern, Institut für Volksmusikforschung und Ethnomusikologie, Austria
Prof. Zbigniew Skowron, University of Warsaw, Poland
Prof. Britta Sweers, Universität Bern, Switzerland
Prof. Ryszard Wieczorek, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
Prof. Alina Żórawska-Witkowska, University of Warsaw, Poland
Prof. Reinhard Strohm, Oxford University
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32 A
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
Musicology Today ist in den folgenden Services indiziert:
- Baidu Scholar
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Article Processing Charge (APC)
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.