The Journal of Military Studies (JMS) is a peer-reviewed multidisciplinary journal publishing original research articles in selected areas of military studies. Distinguishing from most other peer-reviewed journals, JMS’s approach is more military oriented focusing on technology management and exploitation, technological choices and requirements, tactical considerations etc. giving support to Battle Field Analysts as well as Academic Officer Education.
The journal publishes articles from the following areas of military studies:
- operational art and tactics,
- military technology and operational analysis,
- weaponization of new technologies,
- robotics, hypersonics, cyber, artificial intelligence and quantum,
- capabilities e.g. defence inventory and acquisition,
- military strategy and international politics,
- military pedagogy,
- military social sciences, like human factors,
- military leadership and organisation,
- military history,
- arctic warfare,
- any other area of warfare if well justified.
The journal publishes peer-reviewed academic-level articles, which are first published electronic form, and are printed in a series of volumes according to separate schedule. In addition extended versions of conference papers may be considered for publication. The journal does not publish surveys, tutorials or other articles without new scientific contribution.
The articles are subjected to a double-blind review and any suggestions or criticism is strictly constructive so as to benefit the author and assist them in improving their work.
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Capt. (Eng), Adj. Prof Juha-Pekka Nikkarila
Editorial Advisory Board
Torsti Siren, National Defence University, Finland
Martin Norsell, Swedish Defence University, Sweden
Pasi Kesseli, National Defence University, Finland
William Hutchinson, Edith Cowan University, Australia
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Journal of Military Studies ist in den folgenden Services indiziert:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)