- Pioneering Journal in the field of formalized and mechanically checked mathematics.
- Excellent articles on latest research in formal methods and computer-checked mathematics.
- Full-length original research articles in English.
- Archival issues available at the journal's home page fm.mizar.org/.
- To build a uniform and extensible computer-checked repository of mathematical knowledge.
- Reconstruction of mathematics based on mechanization of mathematical reasoning.
- To check a wide range of mathematical theorems using a computer in an automatic fashion.
- General mathematics: especially topology, lattice theory, functional analysis.
- Applications: computer-aided verification of software and hardware, computer-aided teaching of mathematics.
Why subscribe and read
- Pioneering source of high quality research in formalized and mechanically checked mathematics.
- The oldest journal in the field, a medium for the publication of research reporting pioneering findings of broad mathematical significance that are likely to advance the direction and thinking of the field.
- Long-term experience in publishing original articles on mechanizing mathematics and various aspects of automated reasoning, since 1990.
- Fair and constructive peer review by international experts in the field (three referees are designated for the assessment of each manuscript) - double-blind review process.
- New publishing technology: articles automatically translated from a formal language into English and automatically typeset, available in both forms - electronic and printed.
- Articles abstracted by online indexing services and databases.
- 59% of submitted articles.
The rejection percentage is described in detail in the following paper, pp.239-240: dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-73086-6_20
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.Back Issues
"In years: 2016-2017, the English version of Formalized Mathematics was financed under agreements 548/P-DUN/2016 and 548/1/P-DUN/2016 with the funds from the Polish Minister of Science and Higher Education for the dissemination of science."
Roman Matuszewski, University of Bialystok, Poland
Pauline N. Kawamoto, Shinshu University, Japan
Senior Advisory Board
- William W. Armstrong, University of Alberta, Canada,
- Robert S. Boyer, University of Texas at Austin, USA,
- Fairouz Kamareddine, Heriot-Watt University, UK,
- Jesse Alama, Stanford University, USA,
Thematic Editor - Logic
- Krystyna Kuperberg, Auburn University, USA,
Thematic Editor - Mathematics
- John Harrison, Amazon Web Services, Portland, USA,
Thematic Editor - Computer Science
- Andrej Bauer, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Czeslaw Bylinski, University of Bialystok, Poland,
- Noboru Endou, Gifu National College of Technology, Japan,
- Pawel Gburzynski, Olsonet Communications Corporation, Canada,
- Adam Grabowski, University of Bialystok, Poland,
- Klaus Grue, University of Copenhagen, Denmark,
- Pauline N. Kawamoto, Shinshu University, Japan,
- Michael Kohlhase, Friedrich-Alexander-University, Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany,
- Artur Kornilowicz, University of Bialystok, Poland,
- John Mayer, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA,
- Adam Naumowicz, University of Bialystok, Poland,
- Alexander Shibakov, Tennessee Tech University, USA,
- Yasunari Shidama, Shinshu University, Japan,
- Geoff Sutcliffe, University of Miami, USA
dr Roman Matuszewski
University of Bialystok
Institute of Informatics
ul. Ciolkowskiego 1 M, room 2021
mobile: +48 603 491 986
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Formalized Mathematics is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Whitelist
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Electronic Journals Library
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- NewJour - Electronic Journals & Newsletters
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- The Polish Digital Mathematical Library (DML-PL)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Emerging Sources Citation Index
- WorldCat (OCLC)
- Zentralblatt Math (zbMATH)
Formalized Mathematics is issued quarterly and publishes papers which are abstracts of Mizar articles contributed to the Mizar Mathematical Library (MML).
The main version of the Journal is the electronic version.
The official abbreviation of the Journal is: Formaliz. Math.
List of Reviewers
- Kenichi Arai, Tokyo University of Science, Japan
- Czeslaw Bylinski, University of Bialystok, Poland
- Marco Caminati, University of St. Andrews, UK
- Roland Coghetto, La Louviere, Belgium
- Adam Grabowski, University of Bialystok, Poland
- Ievgen Ivanov, Taras Shevchenko National University, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Peter Jaeger, Munich, Germany
- Cezary Kaliszyk, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Artur Kornilowicz, University of Bialystok, Poland
- Xiquan Liang, Qingdao University of Science and Technology, China
- Yatsuka Nakamura, Shinshu University, Japan
- Adam Naumowicz, University of Bialystok, Poland
- Hiroyuki Okazaki, Shinshu University, Japan
- Karol Pąk, University of Bialystok, Poland
- Marco Riccardi, University of Pisa, Italy
- Christoph Schwarzweller, University of Gdansk, Poland
- Josef Urban, Czech Institute of Informatics, Prague
- Katsumi Wasaki, Shinshu University, Japan
- Yasushige Watase, Tokyo, Japan
- Freek Wiedijk, Radboud University, the Netherlands.
All papers are reviewed by at least three experts from the relevant field (double-blind review process).
How to review formalized mathematics - guidelines by A. Bauer.
Journal Authorship Policy (ghost-writing and guest authorship) is here.
Mathematical Proof-Checked Journal - all papers are checked by the Mizar System and automatically translated into English.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.
Articles are available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (CC-BY-SA) version 3.0 Unported (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).
A detailed report on choosing the license: arxiv.org/abs/1107.3212.
Open Access Policy: this journal provides immediate open access to its content.
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges.
Articles should be submitted to:
Institute of Informatics
University of Bialystok
ul. Ciolkowskiego 1 M
15-245 Bialystok, Poland
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org