Polski Rocznik Muzykologiczny (Polish Musicological Yearbook) is a peer-review journal published by the Polish Composers’ Union, Warsaw, Poland (Musicological Section) with the PWM Edition in Kraków – each printed volume may be purchased at the PWM internet bookshop at www.pwm.com.pl. The journal continues the tradition of the old Polski Rocznik Muzykologiczny, founded in 1935 by Adolf Chybiñski, only two volumes of which were published in the inter-war period. Since its revival in 2004 the PRM has been published regularly once a year. Since 2011 all issues have been available online at the journal's homepage. The cooperation with the PWM Edition started in 2016.
The PRM is the only musicological journal in Poland which is not affiliated with any academic institution, representing instead the entire music research community. It strives to build a platform for musicologists and music theorists from diverse organisationsin Poland and abroad thanks to bilingual presentations (articles in Polish and English are published together). Our goal is to disseminate the results of Polish research internationally and, on the other hand, to present important achievements (in English and/or in translations into Polish) of international musicology in Poland.
Each year we collect contributions focused on a specific subject of the current issue (which changes yearly) with other articles – grouped into sections – covering all subdisciplines of musicology (with special focus on music and musical life in Poland in diverse historical periods) as well as phenomena placing music within an interdisciplinary perspective. Our interest in these topics stems from the awareness of specific challenges facing today’s musicology as well as transformations which our discipline has recently undergone.
Polski Rocznik Muzykologiczny (PRM – Polish Musicological Yearbook):
- is a bilingual journal publishing research papers in both Polish and English,
- constitutes an international forum for the dissemination of scholarly knowledge concerning musicology and related academic disciplines,
- contains original research papers from all branches of musicology (e.g. music history, music theory, music analysis, music aesthetics, ethnomusicology, anthropology of music, popular music and film music studies), including important recent findings, which are published after double-blind peer reviews by international experts on the subject,
- represents a wide spectrum of authors including both recognised academics from Poland and abroad as well as freelancers and young researchers,
- observes the highest standards of publishing both in its electronic and printed forms,
- is available in print in many libraries in Poland and other European countries,
- is available online worldwide with unrestricted access to all published articles.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Iwona Lindstedt, University of Warsaw, Poland
Izabela Zymer, Polish Composers’ Union (Związek Kompozytorów Polskich), Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
Edward Boniecki, Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
J. Katarzyna Dadak-Kozicka, F. Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, Poland (Professor Emeritus)
Stephen Downes, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
Ryszard Daniel Golianek, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
Zofia Helman, University of Warsaw, Poland (Professor Emeritus)
Barbara Przybyszewska-Jarmińska, Institute of Art, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Ian Rumbold, University of Manchester, UK
Adrian Thomas, University of Cardiff, UK (Professor Emeritus)
Hana Urbancová, Institute of Musicology of the SAS in Bratislava, Slovakia
Lisa Cooper Vest, USC Thornton School of Music, USA
Elżbieta Witkowska-Zaremba, Institute of Art, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Beata Bolesławska-Lewandowska, Institute of Art, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
Agnieszka Chwiłek, University of Warsaw, Poland
Małgorzata Gamrat, The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
Agnieszka Leszczyńska, University of Warsaw, Poland
Izabela Zymer, Polish Composers’ Union, Poland
PWM Edition (publisher of the PRM’s printed version)
DE GRUYTER POLAND
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Polski Rocznik Muzykologiczny is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Semantic Scholar
- TDOne (TDNet)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit your manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Access License
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons BY–SA 4.0 license. Authors who publish with this journal retain all copyrights and agree to the terms of the above-mentioned CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.