- Journal Details
- First Published
- 16 Apr 2016
- © 2020 Sciendo 2020
- Journal Subjects
- Cultural Studies, Genres and Media in Cultural Studies, Music, History, Topics in History, Cultural History, Library and Information Science, Book Studies, Archives and Museums, general
Musicalia publishes articles focused on research in sources concerning the history of music. It concentrates above all on the rich collections of the Czech Museum of Music, including sources whose significance surpasses the boundaries of Czechia and extends into the European context. The journal mainly publishes articles in the fields of music historiography, iconography, and organology. It is published by the Czech Museum of Music as part of the National Museum.
Why subscribe and read
- Musicalia discusses newly-discovered musical sources in scholarly essays.
- Focused on music collections.
- Rich pictorial material.
- Informatorium about activities of the Czech Museum of Music.
- Open access.
- Professional editing of all articles.
- Good printing quality.
- The articles are published after double-blind peer review provided by experts in the subject.
Jana Vojtěšková, National Museum, Prague, Czech Republic
Deputy/ Managing Editor
Dagmar Štefancová, National Museum, Prague, Czech Republic
Editorial Advisory Board
John Tyrrell, -, UK
Jarmila Gabrielová, Faculty of Arts Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
Emanuele Gadaleta, National Museum, Prague, Czech Republic
Jaromír Havlík, Academie of Performing Arts, Czech Republic
Václav Kapsa, Department of Music History, Institute of Ethnology, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
Jana Lengová, Institut of Musicologie of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
Milan Pospíšil, Arts and Theatre Institut, Czech Republic
Vlasta Reittererová, -, Austria
Viktor Velek, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Ostrava
Jana Vozková, Department of Music History, Institute of Ethnology, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Musicalia is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- RILM Abstracts of Music Literature
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)