15 June 2021
Editors of the journal Biological Letters inform that no new manuscripts will be accepted. Only the manuscripts that have already been submitted and are currently under review will be considered. All the manuscripts that have already been accepted or will be accepted later, will be published after 1 July 2021 on the PRESSto platform www.pressto.amu.edu.pl. For any additional information, please contact the editors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Printed version of Biological Letters is the primary version.
- The BL is a peer-reviewed semiannually journal in English.
- It is published in Poznań, Poland, jointly by the Poznań Society for the Advancement of the Arts and Sciences, and the Adam Mickiewicz University (AMU).
- It covers a wide spectrum of biological disciplines, including animal science and zoology, general biochemistry, botany, and ecology. We also encourage submission of manuscripts related to conservation biology and wildlife management.
Why subscribe and read
- The journal Biological Letters has a long tradition of publishing papers on all topics related to biology.
- The BL welcomes submission of original articles, review articles, short communications, and proceedings of international conferences.
- There are no page charges.
- The BL is published both in print and in open-access electronic format.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Andrzej Lesicki (AMU, Poznań)
Daria Bajerlein (AMU, Poznań)
Marek Przewoźny (AMU, Poznań)
Editorial Board (all members affiliated to AMU, Poznań)
Andrzej Pacak (Editor in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology)
Szymon Konwerski (Editor in Entomology and Zoology)
Natalia Kuczyńska-Kippen (Editor in Hydrobiology)
Marlena Lembicz (Editor in Plant Ecology and Population Ecology)
Małgorzata Słocińska (Editor in Animal Physiology and Biochemistry)
Szymon Chowański (Editor in Animal Physiology and Biochemistry)
Adrian Surmacki (Editor in Ornithology, Zoology and Ecology)
Józef Bielawski (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland),
Nikita Chernetsov (Biological Station Rybachy, Russia),
Rainer Ehrnsberger (University of Vechta, Germany),
Ladislav Paule (Technical University Zvolen, Slovakia),
Wiesław Prus-Głowacki (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland),
Edward F. Skorkowski (University of Gdańsk, Poland),
Kazimierz Ziemnicki (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland),
Waldemar Żukowski (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland).
Faculty of Biology
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Uniwersytetu Poznańskiego 6
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Biological Letters is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science – Biological Abstracts
- Web of Science - BIOSIS Previews
- Web of Science - Zoological Record
- WorldCat (OCLC)
The semiannual journal Biological Letters is published in English and includes papers on all topics related to biology. It appears both in print and in open-access electronic format. We welcome submission of original articles, review articles, short communications, and proceedings of international conferences. Before submission, authors are strongly encouraged to follow the helpful "EASE Guidelines for Authors and Translators", which are freely available as PDFs in many languages at ease.org.uk/publications/author-guidelines-authors-and-translators/.
An electronic version of the manuscript (pdf), a cover letter, and a statement that the manuscript has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere should be sent as attached files to the Managing Editor (Dr. Daria Bajerlein), e-mail: email@example.com.
Biological Letters is blind peer-reviewed journal. Every manuscript is independently reviewed by at least two referees selected by editors before it is accepted for publication. In online submission, authors should be informed about manuscript acceptance or rejection within a month. The authors will receive galley proofs. They should be checked immediately and sent back to the editorial office within 48 hours. Corrections of the proofs must be restricted to printer’s errors only. Otherwise, the authors would be charged for any other substantial changes in the proofs. The authors will receive the PDF file of their article.
The journal does not have article processing charges (APCs) nor article submission charges. There are no page charges in our journal