- Anthropological Review (formerly Przegląd Antropologiczny and Przegląd Antropologiczny - Anthropological Review) is the official publication of the Polish Anthropological Society.
- It has had a long tradition of publication since its founding, in 1926, by Adam Wrzosek, an eminent Polish physical anthropologists and physician.
- The journal is published quarterly with the financial support of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland.
- It publishes (since 1997) in English, and is a scientific journal devoted to issues in physical anthropology (including human biological variation, human growth and development, paleoanthropology, skeletal biology, dental anthropology) and related fields of science (including health sciences, evolutionary psychology, theoretical biology, demography). The journal, therefore, attempts to promote an interdisciplinary view of the human being.
Information about financing of the Anthropological Review
Digitalizacja artykułów Anthropological Review t. 82, 2019 r. i ich publikacja elektroniczna na platformie Sciendo (poprz. De Gruyter) - zadanie finansowane w ramach umowy 901/P-DUN/2019 ze środków Ministra Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę.
Digitalization of the articles of Anthropological Review vol. 82, 2019 and their electronic publication on the Sciendo platform (fmr. De Gruyter) - the task financed within the agreement No. 901/P-DUN/2019 from the resources of the Minister of Science and Higher Education devoted to popularization of science.
Digitalizacja artykułów Anthropological Review t. 81, 2018 r. i ich publikacja elektroniczna na platformie De Gruyter Open - zadanie finansowane w ramach umowy 746/P-DUN/2018 ze środków Ministra Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę”.
Digitalization of the manuscripts of Anthropological Review volume 81, 2018, and their electronic publication on De Gruyter platform - the task financed within the agreement No. 746/P-DUN/2018 from the resources of the Minister of Science and Higher Education devoted to popularization of science.
Anthropological Review - name of task: Digitalization of the manuscripts accepted for publication in Anthropological Review in 2017, providing DOI and access to four issues of the volume 80 (jointly 32 papers) 2017 on De Gruyter platform; financed within the agreement No. 700/P-DUN/2017 from the resources of the Minister of Science and Higher Education devoted to popularization of science.
Why subscribe and read
- premium source of high quality current research by Polish and international authors
- over 80 years history of publishing
- original and review papers covering full spectrum of physical anthropology and related fields of science
- peer reviewed journal by experts from around the world
- rapid review (by two international reviewers) and fast editing process
- submissions accepted in a wide range of categories: research articles, review articles, meta-analyses, brief communications, book reviews
- read and corrected by a university trained native speaker of English
- accessibility through DeGruyter platform
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Sławomir Kozieł, Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław, Poland
Maciej Henneberg, University of Adelaide, Australia
Wiesław Lorkiewicz, University of Lodz, Poland
Magdalena Durda-Masny, Institute of Anthropology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
Tamás Bereczkei, University of Pécs, Hungary
Cristina Bernis, Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain
Tadeusz Bielicki, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
Jadwiga Charzewska, National Food and Nutrition Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Henryk Głąb, Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Poland
Rimantas Jankauskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Sylvia Kirchengast, University of Vienna, Austria
Sang-Hee Lee, University of California, Riverside, USA
Robert M. Malina, University of Texas at Austin, USA
Wiesław Osiński, University School of Physical Education, Poznań, Poland
Friedrich W. Rösing, University of Ulm, Germany
Lawrence M. Schell, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
Holger Schutkowski, Bournemouth University, UK
Lynnette Leidy Sievert, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
Krzysztof Szostek, Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Poland
Douglas H. Ubelaker, Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC, USA
Stanley J. Ulijaszek, University of Oxford, UK
Ines Varela-Silva, Loughborough University, UK
Taro Yamauchi, Hokkaido University, Japan Babette S. Zemel, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, USA
Albert Zink, EURAC Institute for Mummies and the Iceman, Bolzano, Italy
Elżbieta Żądzińska, University of Łódź, Poland
Janusz Brudecki, University School of Physical Education in Kraków, Poland
Published with the financial help of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Republic of Poland
Digitalization of the manuscripts accepted for publication in Anthropological Review in 2017, providing DOI and access to four issues of the volume 80 (jointly 32 papers) 2017 on De Gruyter platform; financed within the agreement No. 700/P-DUN/2017 from the resources of the Minister of Science and Higher Education devoted to popularization of science.
Anthropological Review www.ptantropologiczne.pl
Institute of Anthropology, Adam Mickiewicz University,
Umultowska 89, 61-614 Poznań,
tel: 618295709, fax: 618295730,
skype: Anthropological Review,
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Anthropological Review is covered by the following services:
- Abstracts in Anthropology
- Anthropological Index Online
- Anthropological Literature
- Baidu Scholar
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- IBR (International Bibliography of Reviews of Scholarly Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- IBZ (International Bibliography of Periodical Literature in the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Index Copernicus
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (ProQuest)
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- ProQuest (relevant databases)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Zoological Record
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Open Access License
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons BY 4.0 license. Authors who publish with this journal retain all copyrights and agree to the terms of the above-mentioned CC BY 4.0 license.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.