- Dettagli della rivista
- Accesso libero
- Pubblicato per la prima volta
- 20 Nov 2018
- Frequenza di pubblicazione
- 2 volte all'anno
- Soggetti della rivista
- Scienze sociali, Sociologia, Teoria della sociologia, Cultura, Sociologia della famiglia, della gioventù e dell'invecchiare, Psicologia, altro
The topics tackled in the articles are related to the global discourse over the temporal multidimensionality of modern society and the condition of modern man, who is living in a multisignificant and ambivalent global reality, destined to seek his own place in a constantly reconstructed multicultural world. The global cultural ecumene determines also the unconventional reflection upon education within the global condition. The contemporary discourse on the quality of education that includes the diversity in socio-cultural contexts of the changes occuring in the world today should favor, in our opinion, the ability to plan schooling actions in order to shape and develop a world society. Thus a sine qua non condition of it will be the understanding of the nature of the transformation taking place in the educational sphere. The texts included in the particular volumes should be a starting point for a reflection and an invitation to a discussion on the partictipation of individuals on the global culture, with a special emphasis on the remarks on the necessary evaluation of education in the global condition. The journal's scope is therefore to deliver a significant scientific insight into the most important current and historical aspects of the ongoing socio-cultural transformation of western societies. This aim is being reflected by the careful selection of the published articles which show a wide range of topics tackled. These topics also reflect the tendeciencies visible in modern surroundings which might influence the future of education. The educational context is here taken as the starting point for further inquiry in specific fields of human sciences. This step is regarded by the editorial board as fundamental to the possibility of diagnosing the state of the world from the standpoint of such disciplines like pedagogy for example. The pedagogical eye is regarded not just as a set of methodological tools and theories, but rather as a particular perspective shared not just by educational researchers per se, but also representatives of other disciplines interested in the human nature and the ability to learn.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Agnieszka Cybal-Michalska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Jarema Drozdowicz, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Bożena Kanclerz, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Maria Mucha, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Małgorzata Grzywacz, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Daria Hejwosz-Gromkowska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Agnieszka Gromkowska-Melosik, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Witold Jakubowski, University of Wrocław, Poland
Barbara Jankowiak, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Ewa Karmolińska-Jagodzik, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Karolina Kuryś-Szyncel, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Jerzy Luty, Natural Sciences University of Wrocław, Poland
Zbyszko Melosik, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Janice Myck-Wayne, California State University, USA
Joanna Ostrouch-Kamińska, Warmia & Mazury University in Olsztyn, Poland
Magdalena Piorunek, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Isadora Saez-Rosenkranz, University of Barcelona, Spain
Winfried Schubarth, University of Potsdam, Germany
Andreas Seidel, University of Potsdam, Germany
Dorota Smetanová, Komensky University in Bratislava, Slovakia
Kristin K. Stang, California State University, USA
Lidia Suchanek, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Waldemar Segiet, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Cristina Maria Coimbra, Vieira University of Coimbra, Portugal
Katarzyna Waszyńska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Eva Zamojska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Alena Valisova, University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
Agata Matysiak-Błaszczyk, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Katarzyna Kabacińska-Łuczak, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Marianna Waters, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Mirosław Krzyśko, Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM, Poland
Wydawnictwo Naukowe UAM
ul. Nowowiejskiego 55
DE GRUYTER POLAND
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Culture - Society - Education is covered by the following services:
- Baidu Scholar
- CEEOL - Central and Eastern European Online Library
- CEJSH (The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Open Access License
This journal provides immediate open access to its content under the Creative Commons BY 4.0 license. Authors who publish with this journal retain all copyrights and agree to the terms of the above-mentioned CC BY 4.0 license
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.
Instructions for Authors
I. Basic information on article submission
1. The article should be submitted in an electronic format through the Pressto system in a MS Word doc. or docx. file format. The system is to be found under the following link:
pressto.amu.edu.pl/ This system requires a registration procedure for new authors. The account allows to monitor the procedure of article submission and reviewing in several stages. In the case of further inquires and questions please contact the journal's secretary, dr Bożena Kanclerz via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Two files of the same article have to be submitted via the Pressto system. The first one, has to be prepared as a file for the reviewing procedure, i.e. it has to be cleaned off every single sign of authorship that can be traced by the reviewer (including the deleting of metadata of the file). The second file should include the name and affiliation of the author and serves the editing purposes.
3. Both files have to be attached in a MS Word format doc. or docx. with the following conditions: A4 text format with 25mm margins; Times New Roman font in size 12; 1,5 space beween the lines; no automatic division of words.
4. Name and last nae of the author should be placed in the left upper corner of page one, below should be the placed the athor's affiliation. The title of the text should be in bold font and centered.
5. In the electronic version of the text an abstract and key words have to be included. The key words have to consist of maximum 5 words and have to be in English (both in the version for the reviewer and the editorial work).
6. The abstract in English is to be prepared by the author. It should be a shortened version of the article. The volume of the abstract shouldn't exceed more than 200 words. The title of the article in English has to be placed over the text of the abstract (also when the article itself is being submitted in English).
7. When using any materials coming from ther publications all legal terms and conditions have to obtained.
II. Main text
1. Paragraphs should start with a tab adjusted accordingly for the whole text (with the use of the ruler function or through the format window).
2. Exact quotations arebieng introduced by the use of quotation marks (so called printer "quotation marks"). A quotation within a quotation is to be introduced by the use of the French «quotation marks» (with the function of insert symbol). Also a separate [aragra[h migt be used with a smaller font.
3. The vocalbulary descibed in the text is to be highligted with the use of italic font.
4. Italic font is also to be used when recalling the titles of other works (for example: O dobrej i złej polszczyźnie, Kamienie na szaniec), phrases form other languages (for example: a propos, ex lege), latin sistematic names (for example: Corvus Corvus), and Italian music phrases (for example: legato).
5. Parts of the text might be highlighted by the use of bold font or letter spacing. No underlinig of text is allowed. Also the combinig of different types of text highlighting is to be avoided. The highlighting style is to be used homogenously and consequently through out the whole text.
III. The terms of using bibliograhic references
1. All bibligraphic references in the submitted articles must comply with APA norms.
IV. Examples of the use of bibliographic references
Kowalski, J. (2014a). Ekonomia. Warszawa: PWN.
Kowalski, J. (2014b). Makroekonomia. Warszawa: PWN.
Nowak, A. (2010). Podstawy ekonomii. Szczecin: XYZ Publishing House
2. Edited works
Kowalski, B. (ed.). (2015). Œwiat ekonomii. Wroc³aw: XYZ Publishing House
3. Chapters in edited works
Nowak, A. (2010). Struktury rynkowe. W: J. Kowalski. B. Wiœniewski (eds.), Mikroekonomia (p. 13-26). Szczecin: ABC Publishing House.
4. Articles in scientific journals
Nowak, A., Kowalski, J. B., Wiœniewski, Z. (2014). Title of the article. Name of the journal, number of the journal (number of the volume), p. 26-38.
Guidelines for Reviewers
By submitting the text the author agrees with the terms and conditions of the review procedure. The basic condition under which the submitted text is being accepted is that it complies with the journal's profile. The submitted publications are being evalueted under their formal side by the editorial board and then are being reviewed by two reviewers who are not a part of the board. Their are tenure scientific employees and are not employed at the same academic unit that publishes the journal, as well there cannot exist a conflict of interests between the reviewers and the author. As a conflict of interests is to be understood a relation between the reviewer and the author such as: direct personal connnections (kinship, legal relations, personal conflict), professional connections (subordinate/superior relations), or direct scientific cooperation in the last two years before the reviewing of the text. The submitted texts are reviewed confidentially and anonimously according with the rules of a double blind peer review (authors and reviewers do not know their names). Reviewers are not allowed to use their knowledge about the text before its publication. Submitted texts are given a reference number which allows to identify it during the editorial procedure's steps. The author is being informed about the outcome of the review and a correspondence with the editorial board is possible related to the issues tackled by the reviewer or the qualification of the text for publishing. Final qualification decision is made by the editor in chief. The review has a written form and must end with a clear decision whether the particular text can be published or not. The editorial board holds the right to send the submitted text back to the author when a negative review requires significant changes if the text can be published. The terms of text qualification, rejection or the review sheet are published at the journal's website and in every issue of the journal. The names of the reviewers of particular issues are not public. However, once a yaer the journal publishes the list of all cooperating reviewers.
Editorial policy is complaint woth the COPE guidlines for publication ethics. These are as follows:
For the editorial board:
1. The board undertakes every possible effort to realize the review process accordingly with the legal norms related to authorship
2.The board commits to take into consideration in the publishing process the ethical norms related to the issue of equality and to countermeasure various forms of discrimination
4. The board commits to further perfect the ethical standards in the field of publishing and review procedure as the journal is being developed as well to maintain the rule of academic freedom
5. Accepted papers are being treated by the board with fully professional approach and every single one of them undergoes the same review procedure
6. The review procedure applied here is based on the mechanism of a double blind review
7. The editors of the journal are obliged to point out potential conflicts of interests occurring between authors and reviewers. In this type of cases the editorial board of the journal should undertake all possible precautions to avoid such conflicts
8. All responsibility for and the right to accept or reject submitted texts remains in the hands of the editorial board
For the reviewer:
1. The reviewer reviews the text solely on the basis of its merit content and/or workshop
2. The reviewer commits to maintain the rule of privacy in regard to the evaluated texts
3. The reviewer by signing the review contract commits to submit to the editorial board the review by his/hers authorship in agreed time and accordingly to the reviewer's form delivered by the editorial board
4. The reviewers are obliged to immediately inform the editorial board about spotted text fragments or its other elements suggesting the issue of plagiarism
For the author:
1. The authors of submitted texts are obliged to deliver a list of affiliations or eventually sources of financing (if such occur in the presented research)
2. The authors are obliged to accept the journal's zero tolerance policy in relation to the issue of plagiarism and presentation of false research evidence
3. It is prohibited for authors to publish the same research in other journals and the ext submitted by them to the editorial board has to maintain a genuine new character
4. The authors of submitted texts are obliged to accept the review procedure proposed by the journal, as well to implement the corrections suggested by the reviewers
5. If an article has more than one author the person submitting the text is obliged to deliver to the editorial board an information indicating which one of the authors is responsible for what part of the text. Furthermore, all data included in the text has to be authentic and plausible
6. The authors do implement in the text the information on sources used accordingly with the standard of citation and bibliography as presented by the editorial board
7. The author through the submission of the text for publication accepts the policy of "ghostwriting" phenomenon counter measuring described in the rules of review procedure by the editorial board at the journal's website