The international scientific journal “Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development” was published as a part of the IVF Strategic Project “Sustainability in Agrisector of V4 Countries and Cooperating Regions” by the Faculty of Economics and Management. Published since 2011.
- The journal is administered by an international Editorial Board.
- The journal is published twice a year.
The journal focuses on issues of the Visegrad countries and cooperating regions in the area of sustainable development and bioeconomy and especially on the following topics:
- Integrated Bioeconomy at global, European, regional, and local levels,
- Sustainable management of natural resources and sustainable agri-food production,
- Sustainability, traceability, and food security in the supply chains,
- Global sustainable development and its challenges,
- Climate change mitigation, land degradation and biodiversity,
- Green economy agenda and institutional framework,
- Renewable resources of energy,
- Rural, agricultural and forestry development,
- Entrepreneurship, international trade, and innovations.
Papers are published in English.
Why subscribe and read
"Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development" is an excellent international scientific journal with the focus on the issues of the Visegrad countries and cooperating regions in the area of sustainable development and bioeconomy.
The journal offers the authors a great opportunity to publish their papers in a quality international scientific journal enabling them to share the results of their research.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Dr. h. c. prof. Ing. Peter Bielik, PhD., Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
doc. Ing. Natália Turčeková, PhD., Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- prof. Elena Horská, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- prof. Bogdan Klepacki, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- assoc. prof. Agata Malak Rawlikowska, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
- prof. Bernd Hallier, European Retail Academy, Rösrath, Germany
- prof. Michal Lošťák, Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
- prof. Vladimir Trukhachev, Russian State Agrarian University – MTAA, Moscow, Russia
- prof. Laszlo Palkovics, Szent Istvan University, Gödöllő, Hungary
- prof. Ajay Kumar Singh, Sri Sri University, Odisha, India
- prof. Věra Becvářová, Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic
- prof. Tatiana Čorejová, University of Žilina, Slovakia
- prof. Olena Shust, Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University, Bila Tserkva, Ukraine
- prof. Josef Glössl, University of Natural Resources and life Sciences, Wien, Austria
- assoc. prof. Andrej Krasnodebski, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Poland
- assoc. prof. Oksana Davis Ryabchenko, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences, Kiev, Ukraine
- Dr. Josip Juračak, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
- prof. Wim J.M. Heijman, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Dr.William Baumgartner, Louisiana State University, Louisiana, USA
- assoc. prof. Dr. Nirundon Tapachai, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
- prof. Tleskes Ysabayevich Yespolov, Kazakh National Agrarian Research University, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- prof. Henrieta Nagy, Tomori Pal College, Budapest, Hungary
- Dr. Tatiana Litvinenko, Belgorod State Agricultural University
- prof. Dr. Astrida Miceikiene, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Executive Editor: • Ing. Dominika Čeryová, PhD., Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia • prof. Dr. József Káposzta, Hungarian University of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Gödöllő, Hungary
Ing. Ľubica Ďuďáková, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
Ing. Marián Hamada
Tatiana Šmehilová, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- Mgr. Vladislav Valach, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
- doc. Ing. Ingrida Košičiarová, PhD., Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia
Ing. Dominika Čeryová, PhD.
Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Tr. A. Hlinku 2, 949 76 Nitra (Slovakia)
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- EBSCO (relevant databases)
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Genamics JournalSeek
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Microsoft Academic
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Please submit your manuscripts to Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development via email to:
Ing. Dominika Čeryová, PhD.
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of System’s users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism, and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
To publish in Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development authors are not required to pay an Article Processing Charge.
Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development is subjected to the highest ethical standards.
The author (authors) have to read and follow the instruction for authors of Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development before the submission of the manuscript and declare that the submitted manuscript, or any of its part, hasn't been already published of being considered for publication elsewhere. The author (authors) must ensure that all the authors participated on the manuscript preparation. Author (authors) has to cooperate with the editors of Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development and inform them whenever any error in the published manuscript is identified.
Editor-in-Chief, Managing editor and Executive Editor’s responsibilities:
The Editor-in-Chief has authority to approve or reject the submitted manuscript or delegate this responsibility to the Managing Editor or Executive Editor. Editors (Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Executive Editor) have to confirm the receipt of the submitted manuscript as soon as possible and ensure the fair review process (all editors must not disclose any information about manuscript under consideration and must not use any part of the content of the submitted manuscript for their own future research). The editors must ensure one relevant reviewer for every manuscript submitted (review must be written in English and reviewer have to fill the document Manuscript Evaluation Form). All the reviewers' identities are kept confidential. Editors must treat all the submitted manuscript equally - irrespective race, gender, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the author (authors). In case the Editor-in-Chief is an author of the manuscript, the editorial responsibility must be delegated to Managing Editor or Executive Editor.
Review process and reviewer’s responsibilities:
The reviewers are assigned by the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor or Executive Editor. The review process is a "DOUBLE BLIND" - reviewer's and author's identities are concealed throughout the review process. The reviewer has to treat the manuscript in a confidential manner and not use any part of this manuscript for his or her research. His or her main task is to help improve the quality of the manuscript and being objective and constructively critical. The reviewer has to inform the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor or Executive Editor whenever he or she finds similarities between reviewed manuscript and another published paper.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development is a scientific journal of the Slovak University of Agriculture and the Visegrad University Association, in which original scientific papers are published. Only papers which have not been published or simultaneously submitted to other journals will be accepted, regardless the author's appurtenance to the University. Author is responsible for the scientific quality and formal correctness of the paper.
Title – short, brief, and concise information on the paper content.
Authors – the surnames and first names of all authors, who contributed to the paper, followed by the workplace address on the next line. Academic degrees should not be forwarded.
Abstract in English – it should clearly estimate goals of research and bring a brief description of experiment(s), the main observations, results, and conclusions. Provide an abstract of not more than 200 and not less than 100 words. It should be clear, without referring to the paper. Use complete sentences and limit the use of abbreviations. Each reference to the author should be written in capitals. Repeating the paper title at the beginning of the abstract is not recommended. The subject of the paper should be given at the beginning, new facts, data, and methods should be presented herein.
Key words in English – up to a maximum of five key words starting with lower case letters should be listed at the end of Abstract.
Introduction – should offer a review of the related works and the information concerning the state of the research of the relevant questions. Related references are recommended. The introduction should not be divided into subunits.
Material and Methods – this section should consist of subunits describing equipment, methods, and procedures. It is necessary to provide readers with enough details of methods and equipment to enable the described procedure to be repeated. When the methods are not original, the adequate references are recommended.
Results and Discussion – the results should be presented briefly in tables or figures. Provide enough data to give reason for the conclusions. The same information should not be given in different forms (tables, graphs, text). In the discussion, there is necessary to emphasize the importance of the findings and to compare the information obtained with existing knowledge, if possible. Tables and figures should be marked in an understandable way. Photos, graphs, diagrams, maps, etc. should have a legend. English description of the titles of tables and figures should be put right below the table or figure. Only drawings drafted on glossy paper or printed by a laser printer will be accepted. Using abbreviations which are not official is not allowed without explanation. Using TM with products is necessary. Use SI units and the derivate ones.
Conclusion – this part should summarize the empirical part of the paper. It concludes main findings and emphasize the future direction of research related to discussed topic.
References – references should be listed in alphabetical order. The references to information obtained through the internet should be provided with an URL address together with the date of the information acquiring.
Author's address – the full name (including scientific degrees) of the first author and complete address of the working place, including telephone, fax number, and e-mail.
Manuscripts for Publication
Visegrad University Association
Ing. Dominika Èeryová, PhD.
Slovak University of Agriculture, Tr. A. Hlinku 2, 949 76 Nitra, Slovak Republic.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Visegrad Journal on Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development" is published twice a year. The Editor reserves the right to return without review manuscripts whose subject area, level of treatment or standard of English appears unsuitable. All papers will be refereed through a double-blind process.