- Detalles de la revista
- Métrica de la revista
- Impact Factor
- Five Year Impact Factor
- Cite Score
- Google Scholar h5-index
- Google Scholar h5-median
JOIN OUR QUEST TO UNRAVEL THE UNSOLVED MYSTERIES OF HELMINTHOLOGY
- Open Access publishing
- Innovative approach to research on helminths
- State-of-the-art analysis
- Multidisciplinary research
- High quality peer-review
Helminthologia, published continuously since 1959, is the only journal in Europe that encompasses the individual and collaborative efforts of scientists working on a different topics of human, veterinary and plant helminthology. The journal responsibility is to enrich the theoretical and practical knowledge in very specific areas and thus contribute to the advancements in human and veterinary medicine and agronomy. Taking the advantage of comprehensive and multidisciplinary approaches journal still maintains its original spirit and is principal source of fresh scientific information regarding helminths, endoparasites and plant parasites. Addressing the most up-to date topics journal gained rightful and exceptional place next to the other high-quality scientific journals publishing in its field.
- Helminths and endoparasites in man and animals
- Plant parasites of health and veterinary importance
- Taxonomy, systematics, morphology and ultrastructure
- Molecular biology
- Host responses against infections
- Epidemiology and diagnostics
- Anthelmintic resistance, pharmacology and treatment
- Ecology and environment
Original Research Articles, Reviews and Mini Reviews, Case Reports, Research Notes, Book Reviews, Letters to Editors, Editorial
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
HELMINTHOLOGIA is a scientific journal of the Slovak Academy of Sciences published quarterly in English by Institute of Parasitology SAS, Slovak Republic. The journal is a medium for publication of original previously unpublished scientific papers from different fields of helminthology. The role of the journal is to enrich the theoretical basis of helminthology and to contribute to the advancement in human and veterinary medicine and agronomy.
- researchers in the field of human, veterinary medicine and natural science
Helminthologia was founded in 1959 and has been continuously published nowadays.
More than five decades of journal history is reflected by its successful interdisciplinary publication records, providing a solid foundation for its steady growth in future.
Back issues of the journal are available at link.springer.com/journal/11687, (Vol. 43/2006 – Vol.51/2014) and https://pau.saske.sk/helm/issues/.
For more information, please refer to the editorial website at https://pau.saske.sk/helm/.
Editor in Chief
Jindřich ŠOLTYS (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Zuzana VASILKOVÁ (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Marta ŠPAKULOVÁ (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Editorial Advisory Board
Chris Arme (University of Keele, UK)
Herbert Auer (Medizinische Universität Wien, Austria)
Pascal Boireau (Maisons-Alfort Laboratory for Animal Health, France)
Władysław Cabaj (Witold Stefanski Institute of Parasitology of the PAS, Poland)
David Bruce Conn (Berry College; Harvard University; U.S. Department of State, USA)
Vasile Cozma (University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
Thomas Cribb (University of Queensland, Australia)
Lýdia Čisláková (P.J. Šafárik University, Slovakia)
Emília Dvorožňáková (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Serdar Düşen (Pamukkale University, Turkey)
Róbert Farkas (Szent István University, Hungary)
David I. Gibson (The Natural History Museum, UK)
Bruno Gottstein (University of Berne, Switzerland)
Celia Holland (University of Dublin, Ireland)
Gabriela Hrčková (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Liang Li (Hebei Normal University, P. R. China)
Jean-Lou Justine (Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle, France)
Tetiana Kuzmina (Institute of Zoology NAS, Ukraine)
Santiago Mas-Coma (Universita de Valencia, Spain)
Simonetta Mattiucci (Sapienza - University of Rome, Italy)
Heinz Mehlhorn (Heinrich Heine University, Germany)
Martina Miterpáková (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
František Moravec (Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, CzR)
Peter D. Olson (The Natural History Museum, UK)
František Ondriska (HPL spol. s r.o. member of MEDIREX Group, Slovakia)
Mikuláš Oros (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Saulius Petkevicius (Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Lithuania)
Steffen Rehbein (MERIAL GmbH, Katrinenhof Research Center, Germany)
Marek Renčo (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Alexis Ribas (University of Barcelona, Spain; Udon Thani Rajabhat University, Thailand)
David Rollinson (The Natural History Museum, UK)
Thomas Romig (University of Hohenheim, Germany)
Kensuke Taira (Azabu University, Japan)
Nadezhda B. Terenina (Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution, RAS, Russia)
Vasyl V. Tkach (University of North Dakota, USA)
Marián Várady (Institute of Parasitology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia)
Vincenzo Veneziano (University of Naples, Italy)
Nicola Vovlas (Institute for Sustainable Plant Protection, National Research Council, Italy)
Matt Wayland (University of Cambridge, UK)
Max R. Werneck (BW consultoria veterinária, Brazil)
c/o Institute of Parasitology
Slovak Academy of Sciences
040 01 Košice
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Helminthologia is covered by the following services:
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Baidu Scholar
- Cabell's Journalytics
- CABI (over 50 subsections)
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - CAplus
- Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) - SciFinder
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- PubMed Central
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- SCImago (SJR)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- Web of Science - Biological Abstracts
- Web of Science - BIOSIS Previews
- Web of Science - Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology, and Environmental Sciences
- Web of Science - Essential Science Indicators
- Web of Science - Science Citation Index Expanded
- Web of Science - Zoological Record
- WorldCat (OCLC)
Open Access Statement
The journal is an Open Access journal that allows a free unlimited access to all its contents without any restrictions upon publication to all users.
Since Volume 2021, the journal has changed its license to the Creative Commons CC BY NC ND 4.0. Authors who publish with this journal since volume 2021 retain all copyrights and agree to the terms of the above-mentioned CC BY NC ND 4.0.
Call for papers
We kindly invite you to publish original papers related to the helminth taxonomy, systematics, morphology and ultrastructure, genetics, molecular biology, epidemiology and diagnostics, anthelmintic resistance, pharmacology and treatment, ecology and environment and phytonematology. Reviews and minireviews are particularly welcome.
You can easily submit your manuscript online. Simply go to...
...and you will be guided through the whole peer-reviewing and publishing process.
Please read Instructions for Authors carefully before submitting the manuscript.
Your benefits of publishing with us
- Short turnaround times with rapid online publication
- Accepted papers are promptly published online ahead-of-print
- High quality single blind peer-review
- Worldwide distribution
- Every article easily discoverable because of SEO and comprehensive abstracting and indexing services
- Convenient citation tracking via e-mail alert
- Secure archiving by De Gruyter and the independent archiving service Portico
- Professional sales and marketing support
- Submission of your paper via our submission management tool
- Peer review process (you will be guided through every step)
- Decision on your paper (6 weeks for submission to first decision)
- If accepted: you have the option to publish it open access
- Publication online and in print 4 weeks from acceptance to publication)
- Manuscripts must be written in clear and concise English
- Open Access Licence be signed and submitted during the upload of manuscripts at Editorial Manager online submission system office
- Before submitting your article please have a look at our Publication Ethics Statement and our Open Access Licence.
- If you have any general questions please visit our FAQ page for authors
- If you wish to contact Editorial Office, please submit your enquiry to email@example.com
Article Processing Charge (APC)
Journal does not have any article submission charges associated with manuscript submission or peer-review. However, upon successful peer review process, all accepted papers are subject to the Article Processing Charges (350 EUR/per article). Please visit the journal owner’s website at https://pau.saske.sk/helm/oafee/ or contact the journal Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuscripts are considered confidential and are reviewed by at least two reviewers. The journal uses a single-blind peer-review process (the authors do not know the identity of the referees). Before reviewing, all submitted manuscripts are inspected by Similarity Check, a plagiarism-screening tool. Reviewers are selected according to their expertise in their particular field of research, identified as specialists in their respective academic areas. Submitted manuscripts should be prepared according to the Instructions for Authors. Each reviewer makes a specific recommendation to the Editor-in-chief for the manuscript, and his decision includes one of the three recommendations as follows:
- Acceptance in the initial form
- Conditional acceptance (minor/major changes in form, style, and/or content)
The evaluation decision is communicated to the author(s). When a manuscript is returned to the corresponding author for revision, it should be sent to the Editor within three months. Author(s) are guided through every step.