What sort of journal is “Rocznik Pedagogiczny”?
“Rocznik Pedagogiczny” (“Yearbook of Pedagogy”) is an annual journal published in a paper and electronic version. The articles are published in Polish or in congress languages and they all have English abstracts.
“Rocznik Pedagogiczny” undertakes a critical analysis of the research conducted on educational reality and the directions of this research. The journal collects articles and papers about important current events and ongoing changes in the educational field, thus it is addressed mainly to teachers (both academics and practitioners). It presents an in-depth view on current studies, surveys results and ideas developed by various pedagogical research institutions. The journal is focused on the state of pedagogy, as well as on the determinants and conditions of those research communes that represent its subdisciplines. It also informs about the activities of the Committee on Education Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences and other Polish and foreign research institutions. “Rocznik Pedagogiczny”, thus understood, is the expression of the self-knowledge of pedagogy as a science.
Can I publish the paper in the Journal?
The authors of papers published in “Rocznik Pedagogiczny” (“Yearbook of Pedagogy”) are representatives of various subdisciplines of pedagogy and related disciplines of the social sciences. The journal covers papers on: educational reforms, higher education, school pedagogy, comparative pedagogy, the sociology of education, the methodology of pedagogical research. The journal is open for the publication of: review articles, original scientific/academic reports, critical and polemic articles, discussions, book reviews, conference reports, academic meetings abstracts and statements about important events from the pedagogical and educational field. The official language of the journal is Polish, but articles and papers in English and in other congress languages are published as well.
How is it published?
“Rocznik Pedagogiczny” (“Yearbook of Pedagogy”) is published annually in December. All papers submitted for publishing are free of any charge (for submission and processing). The submitted papers, after positive reviews, are published in a printed version of the journal, which is original one. The paper version of the journal is distributed by the publisher and it is paid for by its subscribers. The articles and other papers from previous volumes of “Rocznik Pedagogiczny” are published in an electronic version, which remains free, and which is available at the site: journals.pan.pl/rp
Goals and objectives
The main goal of “Rocznik Pedagogiczny” (“Yearbook of Pedagogy”) is focusing and integrating pedagogical research. This goal is pursued by an annual presentation of the academic and scientific achievements of particular Polish and foreign research institutions, but also through the publishing of papers containing: critical polemics, presentations of new research directions, methodological debates and analysis of the reality of educational institutions.
The specific aims and objectives of “Rocznik Pedagogiczny” are as follows:
- to present the scientific achievements and current research interests of Polish and foreign research institutions focused on the field of educational and pedagogical studies;
- to facilitate discussions over the identity of pedagogy as a social science (e.g. pedagogy’s interdisciplinary nature, the subjects of pedagogy subdisciplines, academic teaching, theoretical background, methodological culture);
- to create a platform for the description and critical analysis of contemporary educational reality – its challenges and changes – with special interest in educational policy and reforms;
- to promote interdisciplinary and intergenerational dialog in public debates over education with the engagement of academics and practitioners alike;
- to document the current organizational and scientific/academic activities, events and achievements (conferences, sessions etc.) of the Committee on Education Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences and other Polish and foreign research institutions engaged in the field of education and pedagogy.
The thematic scope of the papers published in the journal includes:
- higher education pedagogy;
- comparative pedagogy;
- school pedagogy;
- the sociology of education;
- the methodology of pedagogical research.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Agnieszka Cybal-Michalska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
Sylwia Jaskulska, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
Editorial Advisory Board
Mateusz Marciniak, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
Maciej Zychowicz, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Yearbook of Pedagogy ist in den folgenden Services indiziert:
- Baidu Scholar
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- EBSCO Discovery Service
- Google Scholar
- Index Copernicus
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Primo Central (ExLibris)
- Semantic Scholar
- Summon (ProQuest)
- TDOne (TDNet)
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)