- Uneingeschränkter Zugang
- 16 Apr 2017
- 2 Hefte pro Jahr
- Journal Subjects
- Kulturwissenschaften, Kulturtheorie, Politische Theorie, Ausgewählte Themen in den Kulturwissenschaften, Gedächtnis, Erinnerung, Geschichte, Themen der Geschichte, Ideologien und politische Ideen, Sozialwissenschaften, Politikwissenschaften, Allgemeines
- Cite Score
- Google Scholar h5-index
- Google Scholar h5-median
Journal of Nationalism, Memory & Language Politics is a peer-reviewed journal published by De Gruyter on behalf of the Charles University.
It is committed to exploring divergent scholarly opinions, research and theories of current international academic experts, and is a forum for discussion and hopes to encourage free-thinking and debate among academics, young researchers and professionals over issues of importance to the politics of identity and memory as well as the political dimensions of language policy in the 20th and 21st centuries. The journal is indexed with and included in Google Scholar, EBSCO, CEEOL and SCOPUS.
We encourage research articles that employ qualitative or quantitative methodologies as well as empirical historical analyses regarding, but not limited to, the following issues:
- Trends in nationalist development, whether historical or contemporary
- Policies regarding national and international institutions of memory as well as investigations into the creation and/or dissemination of cultural memory
- The implementation and political repercussions of language policies in various regional and global contexts
- The formation, cohesion and perseverance of national or regional identity along with the relationships between minority and majority populations
- The role ethnicity plays in nationalism and national identity
- How the issue of victimhood contributes to national or regional self-perception
- Priority is given to issues pertaining to the 20th and 21st century political developments
While our focus is on empirical articles, our scope remains open to exceptional theoretical works (especially if they incorporate empirical research), book reviews and translations.
Articles must adhere to the journal’s editorial policy and formal guidelines (including author-date Chicago Style). All manuscripts must undergo a double-blind peer review in line with the journal standards. Typically, decisions will be made and applicants will be notified within four months of submission. Accepted articles are not subject to any article processing charges (APC) and are published free of charge for the authors.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico - digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Hana Kubátová, Charles University, Czech Republic
Malvína Krausz Hladká, Charles University, Czech Republic
Editorial Advisory Board
Imke Hansen, Nordost-Institut Lueneburg at University of Hamburg, Germany
Miroslav Hroch, Charles University, Czech Republic
Vít Hloušek, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Tomasz Kamuella, University of St. Andrews, U.K.
Ota Konrád, Charles University, Czech Republic
Kateřina Králová, Charles University, Czech Republic
Mária Kočnerová, Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovak Republic
Aleksey A. Maslov, The National Research University
Michael Miller, Central European University, Hungary
Michel Perottino, Charles University, Czech Republic
Linda Piknerová, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic
Monika Vrzgulova, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovak Republic
Marketa Zidkova, Palacky University, Czech Republic
Marketa Nekvindova, Charles University, Czech Republic
De Gruyter Poland
Bogumiła Zuga 32A Str.
01-811 Warsaw, Poland
T: +48 22 701 50 15
Journal of Nationalism, Memory & Language Politics ist in den folgenden Services indiziert:
- Baidu Scholar
- CEEAS (Central & Eastern European Academic Source)
- CEEOL - Central and Eastern European Online Library
- CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
- CNPIEC - cnpLINKer
- ERIH PLUS (European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Google Scholar
- KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders)
- Naver Academic
- Naviga (Softweco)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- QOAM (Quality Open Access Market)
- Semantic Scholar
- Ulrich's Periodicals Directory/ulrichsweb
- WanFang Data
- WorldCat (OCLC)